Many Christians long to study their faith more deeply. However, most are not able to go away to college or seminary, and often their local church does not have the resources to run basic courses in theology. For a number of years, St Paul’s Theological Centre has run a very successful ‘School of Theology’ at Holy Trinity Brompton. This course is now being made available to other churches, to help them run their own basic introduction to theology within their local communities.
The School of Theology consists of three tracks:
- FaithTrack (introduction to Systematic Theology)
- BibleTrack (an introduction to the Bible)
- LifeTrack (introduction to Christian living)
The FaithTrack and BibleTrack DVD sets are now complete and available for churches to run.
Accompanying each box set is a leaders’ guide, talk outlines, small group questions and full instructions on how to run the course in the best possible way. These printable resources can be accessed via this page, with the username and password provided in each of the DVD box sets.
Each box set costs £45.99 and is available to buy at alphashop.org.
BibleTrack 1 and 2 also available to buy as a combined set for £75.00.
These DVDs comprise nine separate one-hour teaching sessions, given by Jane Williams, Michael Lloyd and Graham Tomlin, and cover the following topics:
- The Character of God (Graham Tomlin)
- Creation (Jane Williams)
- Sin, Evil and the Fall (Michael Lloyd)
- Incarnation (Jane Williams)
- The Death of Christ (Graham Tomlin)
- Jesus’ Resurrection and Ascension (Jane Williams)
- The Holy Spirit (Graham Tomlin)
- The Trinity (Michael Lloyd)
- Fulfilment (Michael Lloyd)
- Extended Questions and Answers (Graham Tomlin, Jane Williams and Michael Lloyd)
These DVDs offer ten one-hour talks on five topics, and are given by Peter Walker, Andrew Emerton, Graham Tomlin and Jeremy Duff. They cover the following topics:
- Bible Overview (Part 1+2) - Peter Walker
- The Pentateuch (Part 1+2) - Andrew Emerton
- Wisdom Literature (Part 1+2) - Graham Tomlin
- The Gospels (Part 1+2) - Jeremy Duff
- The Catholic Epistles (Part 1+2) - Graham Tomlin
These DVDs offer ten one-hour talks on five topics, and are given by Andrew Emerton, Jane Williams, N. T. Wright and Chris Tilling. They cover the following topics:
- The Prophets (Part 1+2) - Andrew Emerton
- Luke and Acts (Part 1+2) - Jane Williams
- New Creation (Part 1+2) - Prof N. T Wright
- St. Paul’s Letters (Part 1+2) - Chris Tilling
- Reading the Bible (Part 1+2) - Jane Williams
Talk outlines can be downloaded, printed and photocopied beforehand, and given out at the beginning of each talk.
Small group questions
We have provided some sample small group questions to accompany each talk. Please feel free to either let discussion flow in the group setting, or use some of the questions to help structure your discussion. Please do not feel that you have to work your way through all of the questions, but choose the ones that you think will be the most appropriate for your group. In BibleTrack 1 and 2, some of the sessions contain inclusive group work.
Hear what past guests have to say about their experience on the SPTC theological courses.
Never has been it more urgent for Christians to give a reason for the faith that is within them. In the midst of the conflict between literalism in religion and the disintegrating world view, the appeal of mature biblical faith is very clearThe Rt Revd Richard Chartres
Bishop of London
Patron of SPTC
In my view this is the most interesting and important thing that is happening in British theological education